2-1-1 Makes Headlines Throughout the Region
Posted on February 23, 2010, by United Way in Uncategorized
Lastweek, United Way released data about 2-1-1 for the nine-county Bay Area, which indicated call volume surged 39% last year. Several media outlets reportedon the surge in demand - clickthe links below to read or listen to news coverage.
- KCBS Radio - 211 Social Service Assistance Calls on the Rise
- Contra Costa Times - Calls to 211 social services lines keep rising
- The San FranciscoChronicle - Calls to 2-1-1 help line surge with requests for housing, food and jobs
- The New YorkTimes Bay Area Blog - More People Dial 211 for Help
- Times-Herald - Surge in calls to 211 illustrates increased needs in Solano and neighboring counties
- The Reporter - Solano County residents' calls to United Way rise 22%
To Help Working Families, Tax Credits Must Remain a Top Priority
It is essential that California’s legislators remember the issue most pressing to their constituents back home--poverty--and act to save those policies most important to helping struggling families, tax credits.
What does United Way do?
You may know United Way of the Bay Area through your workplace or you may have just heard our name before, but could you explain our work to a friend?