2-1-1 Makes Headlines Throughout the Region
Posted on February 23, 2010, by United Way in Uncategorized
Lastweek, United Way released data about 2-1-1 for the nine-county Bay Area, which indicated call volume surged 39% last year. Several media outlets reportedon the surge in demand - clickthe links below to read or listen to news coverage.
- KCBS Radio - 211 Social Service Assistance Calls on the Rise
- Contra Costa Times - Calls to 211 social services lines keep rising
- The San FranciscoChronicle - Calls to 2-1-1 help line surge with requests for housing, food and jobs
- The New YorkTimes Bay Area Blog - More People Dial 211 for Help
- Times-Herald - Surge in calls to 211 illustrates increased needs in Solano and neighboring counties
- The Reporter - Solano County residents' calls to United Way rise 22%
United Way Hosts First Ever Poverty-Fighting Mascot Dance-Off
The event kicked off the 29th Annual Koko Challenge.
Texas Instruments and United Way Bay Area Launch New SparkPoint Center
First SparkPoint Center to open in Santa Clara County.