I, the undersigned volunteer, understand and agree that my participation in volunteer activities with United Way Bay Area (UWBA) is entirely voluntary. In consideration of being permitted to participate in these activities, I hereby acknowledge and agree to the following:
Assumption of Risk: I understand that my volunteer activities may involve certain risks, including but not limited to physical injury, property damage, or other potential hazards. I voluntarily assume all such risks and agree to engage in these activities with due care and caution.
Release and Waiver: I release and discharge United Way Bay Area, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (collectively referred to as “UWBA”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, or causes of action arising out of or related to my participation in volunteer activities. This includes but is not limited to any personal injury, illness, loss, damage, or expense that may occur due to my participation.
Indemnification: I agree to indemnify and hold harmless UWBA from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, costs, or expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) arising out of or related to my participation in volunteer activities. This includes any claims brought by third parties arising from my actions, negligence, or willful misconduct.
Medical Treatment: In case of any injury or illness during my volunteer activities, I authorize UWBA to obtain medical treatment on my behalf, if necessary. I understand that I am responsible for any medical costs incurred due to such treatment.
Confidentiality: I understand that as a volunteer, I may have access to confidential and sensitive information about UWBA, its employees, clients, partners, or other individuals. I agree to maintain the confidentiality of this information and not disclose it to any unauthorized parties.
Vehicle Use and Safety: For volunteers who will be using their personal vehicles for the purpose of delivering completed kits for donation, I acknowledge and agree to the following:
- I certify that I have a valid driver’s license and that my vehicle is properly registered and insured as required by law.
- I understand that driving carries inherent risks, and I agree to operate my vehicle responsibly, in compliance with all traffic laws and regulations.
- I will ensure that the donated kits are securely loaded, safely transported, and delivered to the designated locations.
- I release and discharge United Way Bay Area (UWBA) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, or causes of action arising out of or related to the use of my vehicle for delivering completed kits for donation.
- I agree to indemnify and hold harmless UWBA from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, costs, or expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) arising out of or related to my use of a vehicle for delivering completed kits for donation.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This waiver and release of liability shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California. Any legal action or proceeding arising out of or related to this agreement shall be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts located within the jurisdiction of California.
By signing this Volunteer Waiver and Release of Liability, I acknowledge that I have read and understood all of its provisions, including the additional clause regarding the use of my vehicle for delivering completed kits for donation. I agree to abide by the terms outlined in this document and release UWBA from any liability associated with my volunteer activities, including the use of my vehicle.
I have read this Volunteer Waiver and Release of Liability carefully, and I understand its contents and legal consequences. I am signing this document voluntarily and without any duress or undue influence.
Thank you for your commitment and dedication as a volunteer with United Way Bay Area.